This is one of my all-time favorite soups. It is simple, rich, and sweet while being still light yet filling. It was served at my local Vietnamese restaurant and I was heart broken when it closed. So, I set out to make my own soup. And who knew it would be SO easy!?
You could use any kind of winter squash although I prefer either a hubbard or a kobucha type.
- 5 cups squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed into 1″ pieces
- 1 qt vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 15oz can coconut milk
- 1 small bundle glass noodles, soaked for 10 min. in hot water and cut into 1/2″ pieces
- pinch of salt or to taste
- 1-2 tablespoon sliced scallion to garnish
- Peel and dice squash into bite-sized chunks.
- Simmer them for 10-15 minutes in broth until they are fork tender.
- Add coconut milk and simmer a minute or two more.
- Salt to taste.
- Turn off heat and add glass noodles and scallion.
Serves 4 – 6 people